Sunday, June 17, 2012

Livie Isla Braswell

Livie's Story:

I am currently 8 months pregnant with our second daughter, Livie Isla Braswell. Around 5 months, we were told that Livie has a severe, and fatal birth defect, and that if she does survive birth, she will only be with us for a few minutes to hours. Although we are devastated and heartbroken by this fact, we have made a conscious decision to stay positive and celebrate her life now. We really want Livie to "experience" and "see" things and places that she will never have the opportunity to experience and see. We believe we can accomplish this with the help of our friends and family through The Livie Project. It is my hope that in this way, we can openly enjoy and cherish every second we have with her now. We are extremely grateful to our good friends and family who have given us their love and support.

The Livie Project:

To celebrate Livie's life, and as part of her memorial, we have created The Livie Project. A good friend of mine planted the seed for this project when she traveled to Florida and wrote Livie's name in the sand next to the water. With that thoughtful action, she unknowlingly gave us a wonderful gift. We are asking our family and friends (and friends of friends, and their friends) to take the time to create something very special for our little girl. When you find yourself somewhere beautiful, like the ocean, or a lake, or the mountains, or a park, or anywhere that you believe someone else should also see, we ask that you "write" her name, Livie Isla, in the sand, or with rocks, or leaves, or flowers, or anything you can think of. We would love for you to take a picture and send it to us so that we may use it in The Livie Project. It is also our wish that Livie get to "experience" all of the things that we all enjoy, but that she will never have the chance to experience. Maybe you hike, or kayak, or travel, or ski, or run, or whatever it is that you love to do, if you could find a way to "include" Livie in that experience, by holding a sign with her name or whatever you can think of, we would be forever grateful! The love, support, and connecting of people is how we want to celebrate and memorialize Livie's life.

You may email me Livie's pictures or add me on Facebook and upload them there.

Email: megLbraswell@gmail.com

There are no words to match my gratitude to all of you who have taken the time to create such beautiful and thoughtful tributes for Livie.  Your compassion and selflessness is truly moving and my family will be forever grateful for all of these special pictures and keepsakes.  Through your kindness and selflessness, you have given us the gift of joy and happiness during this extremely grievous time.  The Livie Project will be used to start a memorial foundation, in Livie's honor, to support mothers who receive a poor or fatal prenatal diagnosis.


With lots of love and gratitude from us,
Megan, Craig, Ryndee, and Livie











24 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. We will do our best. You guys are wonderful parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These would make a wonderful coffee table book,along w your story. Figure out how to make that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going on vacation next week and will make celebrating Livie a wonderful and fun part of our time. Just wait for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this blog on a parenting site and my first thought was what a wonderful way to send this family and their precious baby love. You don't have to know someone to care about them and have your heart ache for them. I hope Livie's name travels the world and is not soon forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we love seeing Livie share experiences with people. She is very loved and it makes us so happy!

      Delete
  5. I'll be headed home to Hawaii in a couple of weeks and I have the perfect idea <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alex! We would love for Livie to visit Hawaii with you!

      Delete
  6. God works in mysterious ways! Some people we have for lifetimes, some for a couple of years, and some for short times. Each person is sent to us for a purpose, which we as humans often do not understand. Please know that God has a great plan for your dear child and that she is needed more in Heaven by the Lords side then here on this earth. God has better plans for her than you or I can imagine. My heart aches for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful idea. I hope to contribute an experience for Livie. God bless your baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a mother whose first son was stillborn after a fatal fetal diagnosis, I know how hard it is to stay positive. I wish I had thought of something like this for our Ian. I hope this project gives you the strength, love, and support you will need. I will be thinking g of your Livie, and if I find a place beautiful enough I will write her name. My heart is with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Danielle! I am very sorry about Ian. This project for Livie is my way of trying to find some strength. This is my only chance to be her mommy and I just want her to feel very much wanted and loved. Thank you for thinking of us, and sharing Ian. I would love the chance to talk to you more, as I have a lot of anxiety about Livie's arrival.

      Delete
  9. Don't forget that God is the creator of life and faith can move mountains. You and your family will be in my prayers ... God bless your heart

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be sure to do this. My thoughts are with you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family would be grateful for some Livie love from you!

      Delete
  11. God bless you all. You could have accepted this news in so many ways but instead you are embracing it with courage for your darling Livie. I'm going to find the perfect place and send you a photo. Also going to post this on my website www.melissajhaynes.com and encourage others to do the same!
    God Bless and sending so much love to you all
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa! We received your pictures for Livie, and love them! We are grateful that you shared Livie on your website : )

      Delete
  12. I am very humbled to be able to help contribute to this project. I totally agree with Audrey about the coffee table book, such a great idea and something for you to be able to see and know so many people just wanted to be there for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lilith, thank you so much for your support : )

      Delete
  13. There are just no words to convey our admiration and awe for the Braswell family. Please know we will have Livie and her incredibly brave mom, dad and sister at the foremost of our thoughts and prayers. We took Livie with us to Brookfield Zoo outside Chicago, IL today - Megan, I just emailed the pic. Blessings on your family, and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest sweet Livie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary-Claire, we love that Livie got to visit the Zoo with your family! I also appreciate you checking in with me and for your touching words : )

      Delete
  14. Oh my, what a heartbreaking and heartwarming and beautiful story. I have a four year old daughter. I will tell her your story in a four year old way and she will be more than happy to create a memorial to your sweet one. I will send it when it is accomplished.

    You were saying that you wanted her to get to see and hear and feel the things she will never see, hear and feel. My take on that is that she lived warm in your loving belly and experienced a wonderful world-like Alice in Wonderland and all the mysterious,glorious sensations which I can dream would arise in a place where warmth and love exist. No hate, no fear. Only Love.

    ReplyDelete